North-West University Admission Form 2018 | NWU Application Guide and Requirement.
North-West University Admission Form 2018 | North-West University, North-West University Admission Form 2018 Application Guide, University Admission Form 2018 Requirement…See more details below;
North-West University Admission Form 2018 | Northwest university is a private Christian liberal arts college in Kirkland, Washington, United States, with satellite campuses in Salem, Oregon and Sacramento, California. The North-West University is a newly merged institution from 1 January 2004 onwards with three campuses at Potchefstroom, Mahikeng and Vanderbijlpark, South Africa.
North-West University Admission Form
The universities that merged to form this institution are the Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education and the University of North-West (formerly the University of Bophuthatswana). These two campuses form the main hubs of the university, with the Potchefstroom campus catering to Afrikaans speakers and the Mahikeng campus being broader in orientation.
The Potchefstroom Campus (founded in 1869) is the largest and the head office of the University is situated at this location. With its merged status, the North-West University became one of the largest universities in South Africa and has 64 081 students (full-time and distance education).
The Campus, situated in the historical university town of Potchefstroom, traditionally drew its students from the Afrikaans-speaking community but today embraces a multilingual, multicultural working and teaching environment. For the benefit of non-Afrikaans students, for example, real-time educational classroom interpreting services are used in academic programmes regarded as key to the development of the South African economy. This has contributed to the ongoing growth of the Potchefstroom Campus, which had 50 056 students in 2016, including 28 826 students enrolled for distance learning programmes.
North-West University Admission Form 2018 – REQUIREMENTS
- NSC requirements: An achievement of “3” (40-49%) in three subjects (one of which is an official language at Home Language level) and a “2” (30-39%) in three other subjects, provided that a portfolio of evidence in the school-based assessment (CASS) component is submitted in the (seventh) subject failed.
- Diploma requirements: A National Senior Certificate (NSC) certified by Umalusi with an achievement of “3” (40-49%) in at least four recognized 20-credit subjects.
- B degree requirements: A National Senior Certificate (NSC) certified by Umalusi with an achievement of “4” (50-59%) or better in at least four 20-credit subjects that are on the list of recognized subjects.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CAMBRIDGE AND OTHER SYSTEMS
The Matriculation Board will issue a certificate of full exemption if the following requirements are met:
- Must pass 5 subjects.
- Must pass in 4 x HIGCSE (=HG subjects).1 x IGCSE (=SG subjects).
- Must offer English as 1st or 2nd language.
- At least one subject from group 1 or 2.
- At least two subjects from group 3, 4, 5.
(Must therefore offer at least 4 different groups).
Must pass at least Mathematics on IGCSE to get recognition for any subject from group 5 as HIGCSE
Interested SA applicants and foreign candidates can proceed for Application which can be carried out online by logging into the school’s website at www.nwu.ac.az
Please share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.