AKSU Disclaimer Notice to the General Public | [Admission Fraud Alert].
The attention of the authorities of Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) has been drawn to certain WhatsApp group called “AKSU Candidates 2019/2020″ that purport to assist candidates to gain admission forms into the University.
The administrator of the WhatsApp group goes by the name Ubong Gabriel with phone number 09059997249.
Members of the public are to note as follows:-
- The Management of Akwa Ibom State University hereby dissociates itself from the said WhatsApp group, as it is intended to deceive and defraud innocent members of the public.
- Members of the public are advised to report to law enforcement agencies, any person or group of persons that claim to assist candidates gain admission into Akwa Ibom State University.
- At the appropriate time, further information about the admission process will be published in Nigerian National dailies, the university website (www.aksu.edu.ng) and other approved communication channels of the University.
John E. Udo
Registrar and Secretary to Senate
AKSU Departmental Cut-off Mark 2019
The Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) Departmental Cut-Off Marks are as follows:-
Only the candidates who scored 160 and above in the last UTME examination and chose Akwa Ibom State University as their First Choice institution are eligible for the post UTME screening exercise.
Note: The cut off mark for each varies depending on the performance of candidates who applied to study in the school for that year.
Due to the high number of students wishing to study at the Akwa Ibom State (AKSU), the admission processes are competitive and admissions are given based on the higher the jamb scores, the higher the chances of being admitted.
AKSU Nature of Admission Screening
The Aksu State University holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed for the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are: SSCE result and JAMB registration print out only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screen on the JAMB scores and their SSCE result.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise. Here all documents such as;
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates).
N/B: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your
community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status