BUK Students Dress Code Rules and Regulations |www.buk.edu.ng
In line with the University’s role of training students in both character and learning, all students should dress decently in accordance/compliance with the Bayero University, Kano Dress Code.
acceptable and decent dress is any type of dress worn by a student,
that covers the body from top of the shoulders to midway between the
knee and the ankle, and it must not be tight fitting or transparent.
The following Indecent dressing are forbidden:
1. Short, bare back and clinging dress
2. Shorts and three quarter trousers (except for sporting purpose)
3. Tattered jeans and those with holes
4. Transparent dresses
5. Tight fitting dresses e.g. jeans and skirts that reveal body curves; this is also applicable to locally sewn dresses such as skirts and blouses
6. Wearing only under clothing such as singlet in public places
7. Wearing “Swagger” and/or Sagging trousers
8. Dresses, such as skirts, which have long slits that reveal sensitive body parts
9. Dresses and vests with obscene and indecent inscriptions and/or pictures
10. Dress without buttons, or not properly buttoned, revealing bare chest
11. Wearing jackboots, bathroom slippers and any other shoes with indecent inscription
12. Sunglasses in lecture rooms and theaters except on medical grounds
13. Plaiting/weaving, perming of hair and use of earrings and chain and bracelets by male students.
14. Use of military and para-military camouflage by students on campus
15. Any other dressing that contravenes, decency, decorum and good taste of the community.
Students should note that, these prohibitions apply everywhere on the campuses. In addition, students are bound by the specific dress code of their Faculties, Departments or Professional callings.
Offenders will be Sanctioned as Appropriate.
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.