Coronaviruses are a group of viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds.
In humans, the virus causes respiratory infections which are typically mild including the common cold but rarer forms like SARS and MERS can be lethal.
Ministry of health’s emergency notification to the public that the Coronavirus influenza outbreak this time is very very serious & fatal. There’s no cure once you are infected.
Its spreading from China to various countries
The deadly coronavirus is now in 15 countries:
- United States
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
Over 1000 people infected.
43 are dead.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
The symptoms/ description are:
1. Repeated high fever
2. Prolonged coughing after fever
3. Children are prone
4. Adults usually feel uneasy,*headache and mainly respiratory related
5. Highly contagious
6. Kidney dysfunction
7. Decreased White blood cells (Circulatory system)
How to Prevent Coronavirus Infection
Here is what you can do to stay safe:
- keep your throat moist, do not let your throat dry up. Thus do not hold your thirst because once your membrane in your throat is dried, the virus will invade into your body within 10 mins.
- Drink 50-80cc warm water, 30-50cc for kids, according to age. Everytime u feel your throat is dry, do not wait, keep water in hand. Do not drink plenty at one time as it doesn’t help, instead continue to keep throat moist.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- When you cough or sneeze, Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces like doorknobs, tables, chairs etc.
These are every day habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses.
If someone coughs or sneezes around you, cover your nose and mouth with tissue paper/ then discard into the trash bin.
It is believed that the virus is spread through coughing, sneezing and touching of infected surfaces, so please do your best to avoid this as much as possible.
NB: Please DO NOT make any unimportant travel to China especially Hubei Province including Wuhan.
This is NOT the time for any meaningless tourism or nonessential business trip.
If it can wait, let it wait.
Don’t kill yourself
China is locking down its own cities,
Do NOT go there.
And if you know anyone who just returned from China, Avoid any animals they bring from there (alive or dead), avoid anything they bought from any seafood market or animal markets in China, and stay away from any animal products (such as fish, seafood or any uncooked meat).
Hopefully the Nigerian transport ministry starts aggressive screening at the airports and seaports to avoid any cases in this country.
This Chinese virus is new to mankind.
It has infected almost 1,500 people in 15 countries and killed about 45 people.
Please be safe out there!!
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.