Federal University Gusau Recruitment 2020 – Federal University Gusau Job Portal – Recruitment at Federal University Gusau is ongoing. Check below to see the Requirement & How to Apply for Job at Federal University Gusau.
Applicants are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions in Federal University Gusau (FUGUS).
Federal University Gusau Recruitment
CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER (CONTISS-13)
- Job Description: The University Chief Security Officer is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the overall security and intelligence matters of the University and ensuring the safety of the entire University community.
- Supervise, monitor and control sub-units in the Division.
- Must be able to anticipate security crisis conditions on the campus and take appropriate measures.
- Prepare periodic security report for Management action.
- Design and prepare standard training programmes for patrolmen and women for periodic implementation.
- Ensure security surveillance of both on and off campuses residence of the University.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
- Applicants should be holders of good honors degree from a recognised University or its equivalence from a recognised institution in the relevant field e.g. Law, Criminology, Security Studies, Sociology or any related discipline with 15 years cognate experience
- Applicants must show aptitude for security work, crime detection and prevention, be physically fit and of good character.
- Must be retired officers not below the rank of Lt. Col in the Nigerian Army, Chief Superintendent of Police or its equivalent in other forces.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must not be more than fifty (50) years of age.
- UNIVERSITY LEGAL OFFICER (CONTISS-13)
- Job Description: The University Legal Officer is the Chief Legal Adviser of the University answerable to the Registrar.
- Advises the University on matters that relate to administration of justice, due process, procedures and University businesses.
- Interfaces between the University and the University external advocates
- Drafts memorandum of understanding between sections of the University and other organizations.
- Serves as secretary to some committees of the University.
- Coordinates industrial relations and union matters within the University
- He/she represents the University at courts and other legal fora.
- Possession of LLB, BL with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a recognized University;
- At least ten (10) years of post-call experience, at least five (5) of which must have been in a tertiary institution.
- Call-to-bar Certificate;
- National Youth Service Corps Certificate or Exemption Letter;
- Must be computer literate.
- DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT (CONTISS-15)
- Job Description: The Director Advancement is charged with the responsibility to lead, produce and implement a strategy to achieve an integrated Advancement programme including clear objectives, performance measures, budgets and other resource requirements for fundraising, alumni relations and communications. He/she serves as the Chief Administrative head of the Advancement Office of the University.
- Lead, supervise and coordinate the running of the Office.
- Work with the Vice-Chancellor to secure higher level support from individuals, corporations, donations and special government funding opportunities.
- Manage the fundraising budgets and ensure that the University can track the return on the investment in Advancement Office.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that donated funds are used effectively and in ways that are consistent with the University’s undertakings to donors and sponsors.
- Achieve Key Performance indicators as agreed with management and work within the Human Relations guidelines of the University.
- Commission and oversee development communications as required.
- Develop and implement strategies to secure gifts that support institutional priorities and achieve the targets of the University.
- Prepare and maintain Policy and Procedure manual for the Office to ensure accountability.
- Work within the governing rules and guidelines of the University.
- Generate a protocol list of friends and partners of the University for mutual town/gown relationship.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Interested candidates should have at least twelve (12) years post-university graduation cognate experience in a relevant or related University activity. The candidate should possess a track record of team work and team building, has strong effective communication skills in both oral and written presentations. The candidate should convincingly demonstrate the ability to perform the stated roles of the Director of Advancement.
- CHIEF STORES OFFICER (CONTISS-13)
- Job Description: The candidate should have passed the final examination of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply with at least 12 years’ post-qualification experience. He/she should be a holder of B.Sc. in Social Science or Commerce with at least 12 year’s post-qualification experience.
- General overseer/Coordinator of the store activities.
- Liaising with Procurement Officer on procurement of goods.
- Responsible to the Bursar.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Bursar/University
CONDITION OF SERVICE:
The condition of service and salaries of all the above positions are as obtained in the Federal Universities in Nigeria, and as may be determined by the University Governing Council.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Candidates are required to forward their typed applications in 25 copies with the photocopies of their certificates and detailed curriculum vitae under confidential cover in an envelope sealed stating the post being applied for, and addressed to The Registrar, Federal University Gusau, P.M.B. 1001, Gusau, Zamfara State, Nigeria
Applicants should send the names of the three (3) referees, at least two (2) of them should be competent to attest to the candidates’ professional/academic standing and character. Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential reports direct to the address above.
All Applications should be submitted to the above mentioned address not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this Advertisement. No application will be collected after six (6) weeks and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.