First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment Portal – First Bank of Nigeria Limited recruitment for vacant positions is ongoing.
This article will guide you on the neccessary requirement and how to apply for a Job at First Bank of Nigeria Limited.
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
First Bank of Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1. Job Title: Head, Control Techniques & Standards
Ref Id: 19000061
Job: FBN Gen. Job family
Grade Range – From : Manager Grade Range – To : Principal Manager
Organization: Chief Financial Officer Directorate
Job Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and manages the activities of staff in the Control Techniques and Standards unit
- Develop and maintain internal control framework, policies, and procedures in line with COSO and other applicable standards
- Supervise and ensure implementation of the Internal Control Framework and Fraud Risk Management Framework in the bank and subsidiaries.
- Ensure compliance of controls and control processes to COSO standards and leading industry practices
- Coordinate and oversee control research activities for new controls and monitoring activities
- Oversee peer reviews and best practice benchmarking on bank wide controls based on documented adequate periodic research
- Coordinate research activities and propose control enhancements for existing controls and control monitoring activities.
- Initiate and propose control removals, introduction and enhancement measures as necessary with the approval of GH, ICEG, process owners and other stakeholders within the bank
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement for evaluation and discussion of service and business impact of control enhancements
- Articulate and document business requirements for development efforts on automation initiatives and logical controls for approval by GH, ICEG
- Supervise the implementation of control improvement measures and ensure minimal business disruption
- Plan and coordinate change management efforts for control enhancements
- Communicate process changes and control enhancement to stakeholders within the bank and subsidiaries
- Initiate and coordinate periodic SOP review and update activities to ensure documentation of all process controls in the bank and subsidiaries’ systems, processes and products
- Coordinate and oversee the development of control review programmes and templates for use by all control officers in their review and monitoring activities
- Create, plan and coordinate the conduct of control awareness programmes for Control Officers to ensure standardization of control and monitoring activities and reduce knowledge gap among control officers in different teams
- Create, plan and coordinate the conduct of control awareness programmes for all bank and subsidiaries’ staff and processors to improve control consciousness
- Provide quality assurance for all Internal Control Reports to Management and Board and obtain the GH, ICEG’s approval for final positions
- Review and recommend product papers for approval after ensuring adequate control are instituted in the bank and subsidiaries’ various products and processes
- Oversee periodic risk rating of branches, Head Office departments, strategic resource functions and the bank’s processes to ensure adequacy of control reviews, visitation, and resource allocation.
- Ensure communication to stakeholders affected by internal control changes
- Ensure periodic risk assessment exercise is carried out for all departments and functions and ensure the maintenance of risk and control library and risk register in conjunction with Operational Risk department
- Develop and maintain a control work programme with comprehensive coverage of all critical processes, products and functions by control reviews in the bank and subsidiaries
- Oversee the development of integrated control review programmes, testing models, report templates, and other work programmes and templates for standardisation of test procedures, documentation of test results, scoring of control environment, and tracking of control exceptions, and approve same for deployment
- Create assurance methodology for Risk & Control Self-Assessment results, and other results of control reviews to determine proper execution, timeliness and quality
- Design and review of Control Compliance Index as control effectiveness indicator and recommend remediation steps for consistently poor control scores
- Track, coordinate and report all internal control initiatives to management and Board
- Supervise the operations of the Internal Control Helpdesk and ensure timely resolution of service request.
- Monitor to ensure uniform standard on independent controls and control documentation across subsidiaries and FBN plc.
- Determine review and visitation frequencies based on functional risk assessment and plan annual control visitation in the bank and subsidiaries
- Manage the preparation and consolidation of all reports on control lapses and breaches, control enhancements and status of initiatives, as well as the condition of the control environment in the bank and subsidiaries and present same to heads of business units, management and Board
- Provide strategic support for all control initiatives to ensure timely and effective implementation
- Oversee and coordinate the development and tracking of measurement indices for use in control scorecards
- Oversee the collation and reporting of control compliance index for each organizational unit and ensure submission to BPM for scorecard impact
- Lead and coordinate engagement with Business Performance Management on resolution of scorecard disputes involving control officers
- Support the GH, ICEG in the risk-based assignment of control officers to oversight areas
- Review and approve internal control disclosures for submission as part of the bank’s annual report
- Prepare management control awareness materials for use in strategic engagements
- Maintain the Security of all Information entrusted to staff
- Comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook
First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment Job Requirements
- Minimum Education: First Degree preferably in a numerate discipline; higher degrees / MBA / professional certifications.
- Minimum experience: 12-15 years in any of internal control, risk management, financial control and internal audit in related industries with experience in usage of controls repository database. Sarbanes Oxley knowledge (added advantage).
Job Title: Group Head, Commercial Banking – Lagos Island Hub
Ref Id: 20000001
Grade Range – From: Manager to Principal Manager
Organization: Corporate Banking Directorate
Job Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and drive the trade finance transactions of the group
- Ensure staff are adequately trained
- Co-ordinate the activities of Emerging Corporates team in area of coverage by promoting and marketing the brand and its products
- Direct the marketing efforts of the business units.
- Ensure set targets are met in line with budget.
- Appraise; recommend/approve credits of the business units.
- Ensure strict compliance to policy and guidelines of the bank.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the Team towards the realization of the Banks’ objectives and goals.
- Develop Team leads and Managers to work cross-functionally to exploit synergies within various SBUs to the Bank’s competitive advantage.
- Generate revenue through assets and liabilities creation in the manufacturing sector of the economy.
- Provide specialist financial advice and support to clients within the focused industry portfolio which will effectively fulfill their corporate needs.
- Remain abreast of the market, industry, competition and regulatory developments to contribute to the enhancement of the Bank’s overall objectives.
- Ensure that the set targets of Emerging corporates are met in line with guidelines and set target.
- Champion excellent service delivery with a view to delighting our customers.
- Manage peculiar risks within the team. Work closely with risk management to develop suitable risk acceptance criteria (RAAC) for the Emerging Corporates market
- Build an extraordinary work place by ensuring effective and efficient customer service standards.
- Minimum Education: First Degree or its equivalent in any discipline preferably business related.
- Minimum experience: Minimum of 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in a management and leadership role.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply for First Bank of Nigeria Limited Job
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.