French Embassy Call for proposals 2020 – The French Embassy in Nigeria launches a call for proposals to support projects from local Civil Society Organizations through the new development fund called “Innovative Projects from Civil Societies and Coalitions of Actors” (PISCCA) in 2020.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020 (before midnight).
PISCCA fund is an instrument from the French Embassy in Nigeria to support projects from Nigerian Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). It aims at funding small-scale, medium-scale and innovative projects and local initiatives carried out by civil society organizations.
Requirements for French Embassy Call for proposals 2020
- Applicants to this Fund must be member of a Nigerian Civil Society Organization (associations, NGOs, cooperatives), especially organizations supported by women or young people, or any non-profit-making legal person governed by private law, officially registered for at least 24 months by the Nigerian authorities;
- Entities that have already carried out concrete activities in the sector for which this grant is requested;
- The programme strongly encourages synergies, partnerships and coalitions of actors.
Two major specific objectives:
- Socio-economic development and professional integration of women and young people;
- Promotion of human rights, including participation to public life and citizen involvement.
The following activities will be key priorities during the selection process:
- activities aimed at reducing gender inequalities, promoting combat against gender-based violence and gender stereotypes;
- activities aimed at mitigating the negative impacts of climate change and environmental degradation;
- Transversal projects and activities that fall under more than one priority area.
Benefits French Embassy Call for proposals 2020
- The timeframe for the project should be maximum 6 months (from May to October 2020);
- The contribution by PISCCA should be between 50 000 € and 100 000€;
- The expected contribution of the applicant should be at least 10% of the total cost of the project;
- The grant will be disbursed in one installment when the contract between the French Embassy and the beneficiary is signed, in accordance with certain terms and conditions (see the guidelines below);
- Co-funding of the projects by other partners/donors is possible and strongly encouraged. They must be secured before the project is signed.
How to Submit Application Form for French Embassy Call for proposals 2020
The call for proposals is open from February 14, 2020, to March 15, 2020 (before midnight).
- To apply, please download and fill the Application Form (see below). Send it back in word format to Sarah MARTIN – PISCCA Programme Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org duly completed before the deadline along with the required documents (see the list in the guidelines).
- BEFORE filling in the Application Form (concept note), download and carefully read the project proposal guidelines (see below), as they explain the requirements for a project to be considered.
The proposals that do not strictly respect the different requirements and financing conditions will not be considered. The application must be received before the deadline and the predefined format have to be strictly respected.
For any inquiries or questions you might have, please contact the PISCCA Programme Officer:
Mrs. Sarah MARTIN : email@example.com
Download the PISCCA guidelines
Download the Download Application Form
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.