FULAFIA Courses | fulafia.edu.ng
FULAFIA Courses – The list of current accredited courses offered in the Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State and their subject combination, has been fully compiled in this article, to give students seeking admission in the institution an insight on the available courses. Check below to see the list of FULAFIA Courses.
Federal University of Lafia
The Federal University of Lafia formerly named Federal University, Lafia is a recently established university situated in Lafia, the capital of Nasarawa State, this was done in 2010 by the Goodluck Jonathan administration as one of the nine new federal universities established in the six geo-political zones of Nigeria.
The University commenced academic activities by September 2012 with new students that made up the first set of students to be trained by the University Vice Chancellor, Prof. Ekanem Ikpi Braide.
Faculties in Federal University of Lafia
- Social Sciences
- New departments were created by the University and accredited by the National Universities Commission, NUC. The new departments include Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) and Mass Communication among others.
Below is the current list of Accredited available Courses offered in the Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA) with its Subject Combination:
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CREATIVE AND VISUAL ARTS
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- SOCIAL WORK
- SPECIAL EDUCATION
- THEATRE ARTS
FULAFIA Admission Requirements.
For admission to 100 level, candidates must possess five (5) credit passes at Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), GCE, NECO or equivalent in relevant subjects in not more than two sittings; and obtain a score of 180 and above in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
- University shall insist on possession of credit passes in English Language and Mathematics for all categories of students.
- The University shall also conduct post JAMB screening to ensure that only the best students are admitted. In addition to the general admission requirements stated above, a candidate must meet specific departmental requirements
Direct Entry mode
- For admission to 200 level, candidates must possess five (5) passes at credit level (including English Language) at Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), GCE, NECO or equivalent in relevant subjects in not more than two sittings.
- In addition to the above, candidates should have at least two advanced level passes in the General Certificate of Education examination in relevant subjects, or
- Ordinary National Diploma with credit level or Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) with Credit level.
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.