Lagos State Polytechnic Job Vacancy
The Lagos State Polytechnic formerly known as Lagos State College of Science and Technology was established by the promulgation of the Lagos State Edict No 1 of 1978 with retroactive effect from June 1, 1977. On the 24th day of September, 2012, the original law to provide for the Lagos State Polytechnic, to make provision for its power etc., was assented to by the State Governor.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below which shall become vacant in the institution in June, 2020:
Job Title: Rector
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has general responsibility for matters relating to the day-to-day administration of the Institution, subject to the policy control of the Governing Council.
- In addition to proven management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavour and be credible to the academic community.
Qualifications and Experience
Interested candidates for the post should possess the following qualifications:
- A Doctorate degree or a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Agriculture, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Technology, Sciences, Communication & Liberal Studies and Management Sciences with at least Eighteen (18) years professional and administrative experience, five of which must have been gained in an institution of comparable status. In addition, the candidate must be proficient in Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Demonstrable ability to offer academic & administrative leadership as well as the ability to effectively discharge the duties and responsibilities of the office of the Rector;
- Evidence of scholarly publications in reputable national and international journals;
- Candidates must not be below the rank of Chief Lecturer in a Polytechnic
- Candidates must possess membership of reputable professional body / bodies in Nigeria and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the majority of members of staff and students of the institution.
Terms of Appointment / Conditions of Service
- The Rector shall hold Office for a single term of Five (5) years only;
- The remunerations attached to the post are those enjoyable in similar tertiary Institutions in Nigeria including other benefits and allowances that may be approved by the Governing Council of Lagos State Polytechnic from time to time;
- Other conditions of service are comparable to what obtains for Heads of Tertiary Institutions in Lagos State.
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Twenty (20) copies each of their word-processed Applications and CV giving the details in the following order:
- Full names with SURNAME underlined;
- Date and place of birth;
- Nationality and how acquired;
- State of Origin / Local Government
- Permanent Home address;
- Current Postal address;
- E-mail Address;
- GSM Number(s)
- Marital status;
- Number and ages of Children;
- Educational Institution(s) attended with dates;
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates;
- Membership of professional bodies;
- Details of publications with dates;
- Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates;
- Present employment, status and salary
- Names and address of three (3) Referees – Employer, Educational and Personal;
- Normal Signature.
All Applications and supporting documents should reach:
Lagos State Polytechnic
Sagamu Road – Ikorodu,
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence, where applicable and bring the originals of all their credentials to the interview.
- Applicants are also required to request their Referees to forward direct to the Registrar, confidential reports on their behalf.
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.