How to Edit Photos with Google Photos – Google Photos is the home for all your photos and videos, automatically organized and easy to share.
This article will take you on a step by step process on “How to Edit Photos in your Phone with Google Photos“
Many people out there run through a couple of images before finally sharing the selected one/s on Instagram, Facebook or other social media platforms. At times, one can’t find any worthy photos and may be compelled to edit before putting them on social platforms. Although, there are many third-party apps — both paid and free — using which one can edit his/her photos. But if you don’t want to install any such app, then Google Photos app has built-in feature to edit photos. Using this feature, one can add filters, crop photos and more. As the Google Photos app is available for both Android and iOS running devices, this tool can be used by both mobile platform users.
Note:Your edits will sync to your Google Photos library if you have back up & sync turned on.
Below, are the simple steps on How to Edit Photos in your Phone with Google Photos:
- 1. Download and install Google Photos app
- 2. Launch the app and open the photo you want to edit
- 3. Tap on Edit icon (right next to share icon)
- 4. Once you start editing, a panel with filter/rotate/crop icon will appear below.
- 5. If you want to add or adjust filter, tap on the Photo Filters icon
- 6. You can tap on the chosen filter to apply
- 7. You can also manually change lighting/colour or add effects. To do so, tap on the Edit icon again. You can also tap the down arrow for more options.
- 8. To crop or rotate the photo, tap on Crop & rotate icon.
Tap on the image and drag its edges to crop it.
- You can also add text/highlights to your photos.
To do so, tap on Markup icon, choose pen and add highlights.
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.