How to get free Windows 10 Update – Windows 10 free upgrade 2020, How you can upgrade to windows 10 for free, Microsoft windows 10 upgrade, Upgrade to windows 10 for free 2020, Upgrade to windows 10 pro free, Windows 10 free upgrade from windows 7, Upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 free download, Windows 10 upgrade download…See more details below.
Microsoft is set to end all support for PCs running Windows 7 operating system on January 14 which as already taken place. With the end of support, Windows 7 PCs will no longer receive any security updates and eventually, technical support for the same will also be discontinued soon. What that means is Windows 7 devices won’t be as secure as they were against data breaches.
According to the Microsoft support page, users running Windows 7 devices should either switch to a newer PC with Windows 10 or can also purchase an additional copy of Windows 10 OS and install on their devices.
So, if you are still running Windows 7 on your laptop and looking to upgrade to Windows 10, here’s how you can do it for free.
How to get free Windows 10 update
- Licensed or Genuine copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Internet connectivity
- Approximately 50GB of free storage space
Steps to get Windows 10 for free
1. Head to ‘https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10’ on your laptop
2. Click on ‘Download tool now’ to download the Media Creation Tool.
3. Run the software and then click on ‘Next’ button
4. Follow on-screen instructions and choose the option ‘Upgrade this PC now’ under the section ‘What do you want to do?’
Wait for the download and installation process to complete. Once everything is done, the PC will automatically restart to finalize the installation. Configure your PC and then head to Settings > Update & Security > Activation to activate Windows 10.
Note: The activation process only works if the PC earlier had a genuine copy of Windows 10 operating system. In case, the copy was not genuine, the Activation process will fail and you might have to buy a fresh copy of Windows 10.