NECO BECE Registration 2020 – The National Examinations Council (NECO) applications forms for the 2020 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) is now on sale. Check below to see how to get the 2020 NECO BECE forms & How to Apply.
NECO BECE Registration 2020
registration for the National Examinations Council (NECO) Basic
Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for final year of Junior
Secondary School (JSS 3) – often referred to as Junior WAEC – has
Recommended: 2020 NECO BECE Timetable for JSS 3 Candidates.
About NECO BECE.
The Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) is the examination conducted for candidates in their final year of Junior Secondary School. It is used for transition from JSS 3 of the basic education class to the senior secondary school.
While each state of the federation and the FCT conduct the BECE for their candidates, NECO conducts for Federal Unity Colleges and other allied institutions.
Interested private secondary schools also partake in the examination, provided they are permitted by their States Ministries of Education. BECE certificate replaces the primary school certificate as the first school leaving certificate.
Eighteen subjects are administered at the BECE level. A candidate is to register for a minimum of nine subjects and a maximum of ten subjects.
The BECE grading system:
A – Distinction
B – Upper Credit
C – Lower Credit
P – Pass
F – Fail
Application Method for NECO BECE [Junior WAEC].
BECE Registration is open from Wednesday 20th February and 16th April, 2019. All Eligible schools are to complete registration for BECE before the deadline of 16th April 2019. Please note that late registration will not be entertained.
Schools (centres) are to register their candidates using the offline application before logging
The following are the approved fees for the examination and other related items:
- Registration fees – 4,000.00 Naira (Mandatory fee)
- Late Registration – 1,000.00 Naira per candidate – (Mandatory fee)
- Re-Sit Exam – 1,000.00 Naira per copy
- Correction of Name – 2,500.00 Naira per copy
- Result Checker – 500.00 Naira
- Unviable Fee – 10,000.00 Naira (for centres that registered less than 20 candidates)
- The minimum number of candidates to be registered by a school for SSCE Internal is twenty(20). Any centre registering less than 20 candidates is deemed unviable.
- Registration cards will no longer be used with effect from 2019. Schools (Centres) are to log in to the NECO portal and pay the registration fees into the NECO TSA online using the payment options. Once payment is successful, the candidates’ data can be uploaded from the offline app and only then will exam numbers be generated for the candidates.
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.