Off-Facebook Activity – How to Set Off-Facebook Activity, Why you need to Use this Facebook feature, Using Off-Facebook Activity for your privacy…See more details below.
On the occasion of World Privacy Day, popular social network Facebook has rolled a new privacy tool. Called Off-Facebook Activity tracker tool offers users an itemized list of the websites, apps, and real-life stores that Facebook knows you have visited. The tool also gives users the ability to turn off that tracking. With the roll out of this tool, Mark Zuckerberg fulfils the promise of building a ‘clear history’ tool for Facebook. The Facebook CEO, promised to bring the clear history tool in 2018 after the Cambridge Analytica scandal.
In an official post the company said, “Off-Facebook activity is a summary of activity that businesses and organizations share with us about your interactions, such as visiting their apps or websites. They use our Business Tools, like Facebook Login or Facebook Pixel, to share this information with us.”
Facebook has also explained that how they receive user activity. The company said, “When you visit a website or use an app, these businesses or organizations can share information about your activities with us by using our business tools. We use this activity to personalize your experience, such as showing you relevant ads. We also require that businesses and organizations provide notice to people before using our business tools.”
So, if you are wondering how you can use this new tool from Facebook.
Here’s some help. Just follow the below mentioned steps to review your
1. Firstly, go to Facebook settings and then select ‘Your Facebook Information’
2. Then from the menu click on the Off Facebook Activity option
3. You will now notice some information on your seen which is explaining the methods Facebook use for tracking your activity outside the network
4. Now you will notice a banner with preview of some of the websites and apps that Facebook knows you have used. You can now click on the app icons to see the full list of sources.
5. Then the full list of apps will appear on your screen including the third party that have shared your activity with Facebook in the past 180 days.Now you can click on the ‘Clear History’ option which will delete the information saved with Facebook.
6. You can also turn off the tracking by clicking on “Manage Your Off-Facebook Activity” placed in the menu on the right side.
7. Switching off the tracker will stop Facebook from saving your future activity. But it will not stop third parties from sending your information to Facebook.
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.