PhD PTDF Scholarship 2020 /2021 – The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Scholarship 2020/2021, Requirement & How to Apply for PTDF Scholarship 2020/2021…See more details below.
PhD PTDF Scholarship 2020/2021 – The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the below Overseas PhD Scholarships to institutions under its UK strategic partnership initiative:
The PhD PTDF Scholarship 2020/2021 is for the category of people with the Doctorate degree (PhD). Check below to see the necessary requirement needed to apply the scholarship.
PhD PTDF Scholarship 2020 / 2021 Details ( PhD )
- Applications are invited for Overseas PhD Scholarships to institutions under its UK strategic partnership initiative. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in UK commencing in the 2020 / 2021 academic session.
- Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the partner institutions in any of the countries (full list of sponsored courses is available on our website www.ptdf.gov.ng and scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng ).
- The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study / research plan.
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil & gas industry and its expected impact on national development.
PhD PTDF Scholarship 2020 / 2021 Requirements
Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
Must be computer literate
A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;
Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection (sample template of the proposal is available on our Scholarship Management Portal scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng);
Applicants must also include their master’s degree project
PhD PTDF Scholarship 2020 / 2021 Required Documents
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and upload to their online application:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC / GCE / SSCE / NECO results
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Evidence of membership of professional associations.
Application Closing Date
17th February, 2020.
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are also expected to verify their NIN before completing the application. (charges may apply).
- Ongoing PhD Candidates could only apply provided their Universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed above;
- Candidates who have benefited from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same type of programme, except a higher programme;
- Candidates who are in possession of a higher degree cannot apply for the same type of programme;
- Candidates who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply;
- Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.