APHRC Internship for Postgraduate students – Requirement & How to Apply for The African Population and Health Research Center.The Application Deadline for the African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) Internship for Postgraduate students is February 20th 2020. See more details below.
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non- governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. The Center currently has three internship opportunities for a period of 3-6 months starting from April 2020. The internships provide an opportunity for postgraduate students to develop a deep appreciation of various elements of research through attachment in a highly active research environment.
APHRC Internship Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of an assigned supervisor, set project goals, create an action and implementation-to-completion plan of action;
- Coordinate with research unit/project to determine research objectives;
- Provide periodic project updates and reports;
- Contribute to policy engagement;
- Present in at least one Brown bag presentation during the internship period;
- Submit a final report one week before the end of the internship; and
- Submit an internship feedback form.
APHRC Internship Requirements:
- Copies of academic certificates;
- A letter of recommendation showcasing your suitability for the internship;
- From the list below, specify your preferred top two projects. More details on the projects are in the APHRC website.
- Evaluating a service model for management of hypertension and diabetes among low and middle- income patients enrolled on M-TIBA in Nairobi, Kenya;
- Changing Food Systems in Kenya and Malawi and the Challenge of Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance;
- Right to Food under the Maternal and Child Wellbeing;
- Quality of post-abortion care project in Burkina Faso, Kenya and Nigeria; and
- Mapping scholarship and scholars on aging in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
If this information was helpful, you can share with your family and friends. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this.